The “Remote Access
" service is intended to controller users that need easy on-line access to the settings of their boilers. Configuring the service is easy and requires no experience.
The service was developed to eliminate such problems as:
unavailability of a public IP address (in the case of mobile telephony and cable network users);
no fixed IP address (users accessing the Internet using ADSL modems, such as Neostrada customers);
Hassle with the configuring of routers.
The service is provided free of charge.
1. The first thing you need to do is to register with the https://eSterownik.pl
site. To do so, click the “Register
2. After registration, log in the Web site and move to the “Remote Access
" tab and click the “Add new controller
3. At this point you should have your controller configured for connection with your LAN (otherwise, go to the applicable section of these FAQ). If you can access the controller’s internal Web site from your PC, click “Next
4. Basic information
“Name": Any controller name to be displayed as the controller’s unique textual ID.
“Share the controller": The controller will be available via the eSterownik.pl Web site to any visitor of the site (but only you will be able to modify the settings of your controller).
“Enable e-mail notification": Option for sending alerts by e-mail. “E-mail to alert": The destination for alerts and messages from the Web site administrator (the e-mail address provided on account registration).
“On-line time synchronization": If checked, your controller clock will be automatically synchronized with the time of the Web server’s clock.
5. Enter the following information in the controller:
“ID": Unique identifier of the controller
“Server IP address": IP address of the intermediate server
“Server port": Intermediate server’s port
6. Now you can configure these settings using the controller’s internal Web site. Open the site by entering the controller’s IP address in the browser and typing in the user name and login (default: “admin”, “admin”). Then go to the “Settings
” » “Remote server access
" and re-type the server’s ID
, IP address
entered in the foregoing remote access window.
7. Click “Save
You can also configure the settings using the controller’s operating panel. To do so:
Press and hold the “OK” button.
Select “Internet” with the “Up” or “Down” arrow button and press “OK”.
Enter all the foregoing information using the operating panel.
8. We encourage you to complete the remaining form fields (Installation site
and Additional information
9. Click “Next
” to move forward. You will see the following prompt:
After 5-60 seconds of waiting for establishing connection with the controller you will see a blue icon on the left of your controller in the list of your controllers:
If the connection is not established, check the controller’s connection to LAN (using the “ping
” command or by logging in locally in the controller using the browser) and to the Internet. Also, make sure that the controller’s settings are correct.